Home News Misfiring Tottenham ace Son Heung-min opens up on his struggles this season.

Misfiring Tottenham ace Son Heung-min opens up on his struggles this season.

109
0
LONDON, ENGLAND - SEPTEMBER 07: Heung-Min Son of Tottenham Hotspur during the UEFA Champions League group D match between Tottenham Hotspur and Olympique Marseille at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on September 07, 2022 in London, England. (Photo by Tottenham Hotspur FC/Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty Images)

Son Heung-min has yet to score in his first seven games for Tottenham so far this season, but says he is not worried about his form. 

Son Heung-min is yet to score a goal this season. (Photo: Getty Images)

Heung-min Son formed a deadly duo with Harry Kane, driving Tottenham back to the European top competition and ended the season with 23 league goals and was the joint-top scorer in the league.

The 30-year-old has formed a lethal partnership with Harry Kane. This made them one of the most feared duos in the Premier League. (Photo Visionhaus/Getty Images)

But this season things have been different. That link between the duo has been missing and the Korean has struggled to score. It is not that chances have not come across his way, it is just that he has failed to convert them.

His form has caused the fans some worry, but he says he is not worried about his form. Speaking in an interview, the forward gave his thoughts.

I’m OK. If I’m honest, if I wasn’t getting chances in the game I would be worried but I’m still getting chances. In some games, there have been unlucky moments. In some games, it has been a bad finish,” admitted the 30-year-old.

“This is going to make me stronger. This is something I can see will be an improvement because I still have a lot of space for improvement. As a team and as an individual as well. Most important is that we are doing well as a team. I’ll do everything the team needs.”

He added: “In some games I’m really frustrated because if I have some massive chances and the ball doesn’t go in. It makes me just laugh. But I am not worried about it because the team and the staff and all the fans are helping me. I think if I score one the confidence will be back and I hope I can go on and score more goals.”
Son has started all seven games for Antonio Conte’s side but is yet to find the back of the net. But, the player has said that his current woes will only make him stronger.

He joined the club in 2015 from the German side Bayer Leverkusen. Since then, the Korean international has established himself in the team and has been one of the regulars and consistent performers for his side.

 

Previous articleEverton Injury News: The latest on Everton’s eight-man injury list which includes Calvert-Lewin, Pickford, Doucoure AND potential return dates.
Next articleDiogo Dalot reveals the secret behind his brilliant Manchester United form.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here