- Hello and welcome to our coverage of today’s transfer News live, Top stories, Rumours and done deals as the January transfer window gets in full swing.
Transfer news LIVE! Diaz to Liverpool ; Westham battle Chelsea for Digne ; Newcastle Dembele’s bid imminent ; Coutinho set for PL return ; Rangnick doubt ; Adeyemi to Dortmund ; Chelsea double injury blow ; Guardiola’s replacement ; Liverpool – Origi fairytale coming to an end and other latest transfer news around the globe
Hello! welcome to Sportcruz transfer centre as we bring you the latest transfer news around the world today.
Chelsea suffer double injury blow
Chelsea easily saw off Tottenham 2-0 in Antonio Conte’s return to Stamford Bridge. However, the win has come at a cost, Thomas Tuchel confirms.
Chelsea goalscorer Kai Havertz went off with a broken finger while Azpilicueta also went off injured.
Asked about the injuries, Tuchel said: “(I am) very worried but Azpi says it was only a cramp and not an injury.
“Kai’s issue is with a finger, I think he broke a finger and played through the pain. It looked horrible. He survived until half time.”
The news came at the worst moment after Chelsea duo N’Golo Kante and Thiago Silva had already been tested positive of COVID-19 virus.
Arsenal vs Burnley kick-off moved
Owing to the postponement of the Carabao Cup semi-final against Liverpool, Arsenal’s game against Burnley has been moved back 24 hours.
The first leg between Arsenal and Liverpool will now take place on Thursday, January 13, with the second leg a week later on January 20.
Rangnick tactical doubt
There are cliques within the Manchester United that some players are finding it difficult to adapt to the formation and training methods of Ralf Rangnick and doubt whether he is the right man to be in charge at Old Trafford.
According to the report from Sky Sport New, it added that some of the players are finding it difficult to play in Rangnick’s 4-2-2-2 formation.
Another source from Sky Sports News reported that “they have the players at Manchester United who are ready to play, but they don’t have the coach to get the best out of those players”.
Coutinho wants Premier League return
Philippe Coutinho is set to agree a move to a Premier League club by this weekend, with Aston Villa one of six English clubs in a race to sign the Barcelona midfielder.
The former Liverpool player wants to return to England and sign for an ambitious club where he can play regularly.
The 29-year-old, who is also attracting interest from teams abroad, will decide his next club before this weekend.
West Ham in talks over Digne deal
Westham have entered the race to sign Lucas Digne from Everton as a cover for injured forgotten left-back – Aaron Cresswell
- Ben Chilwell injury: Chelsea consider Lucas Digne or Tagliafico transfer, Saul Niguez and loan recalls
Chelsea and Newcastle have already been linked with the ex-Barcelona left-back, who is free to leave Everton this month following the signings of Vitaliy Mykolenko and Nathan Patterson.
Now the Daily Mail report that West Ham are in talks over Digne, with cover sought for the injured Aaron Cresswell.
However, it is said that the Frenchman’s £100,000 a week wages could yet prove a stumbling block.
Piatek heading back to Serie A
Krzysztof Piatek is heading back to Serie A to join Fiorentina from Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin, according to Italian journalist – Gianluca Di Marzio.
Fiorentina’s hotshot 21-year-old striker Dusan Vlahovic has been strongly linked with a move away from the club – and any move for Piatek will only fuel speculation about his future.
Origi spells at Liverpool coming to an end.
Origi and Liverpool combo are like that of fairytale we usually used to watch in movies.
Origi has produced a lot of finest moments in a Liverpool shirt including his near-physics-defying last minute winner in the 2018 Merseyside Derby ; Match qualifying goal against Barcelona which birthed the famous, “Corner taken quickly!,” moment.
However, the talent of the Reds’ frontline has meant limited minutes for the striker.
Il Tempo report that Lazio are preparing to make a bid for the 26-year-old this month, and that Liverpool could be open to offers.
Origi’s contract expires at the end of the season, which could encourage Liverpool to cash in while they can rather than lose the striker for free in the summer.
Dortmund line up Haaland replacement
One of the biggest stories of every window seems to be Erling Haaland’s future, and whether he will leave Borussia Dortmund.
It’s reported that the striker has been told to make a decision this month, and Marca claim that Dortmund see Karim Adeyemi as the perfect replacement should Haaland decide to pursue a move.
The 19-year-old plays for RB Salzburg, as Haaland himself did before making the move to Germany.
Speaking earlier this season, Adeyemi said: “In recent years, many young players have matured at Salzburg and then moved to the best clubs in the world.
“I think of Erling Haaland, but also of Sadio Mane and Naby Keita of Liverpool. Obviously, I also have this goal. I would like the next stage of my career to be at a top club.
Newcastle offer Van De Beek escape route
Newcastle are preparing to test Manchester United’s resolve by making a January enquiry for Donny van de Beek.
The Dutch outcast has been surplus to requirements at Old Trafford. He has been rarely used by new interim boss Ralf Rangnick having been snubbed for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and he’s named as a target to improve the Toon midfield
The Telegraph report on the Magpies’ extensive plans for the January window in their bid to beat the drop.
Balogun close to Middlesbrough loan switch
Folarin Balogun is close to sealing a temporary exit from Arsenal.
The highly-rated academy graduate was always expected to join a Championship club on loan this month and that move is now progressing quickly.
Middlesbrough is the destination, with ‘Boro boss Chris WIider having also tracked the striker during his time in charge at Sheffield United.
Morata Barcelona’s blow
Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has told Alvaro Morata that he is NOT leaving the club to join Barcelona this month.
The Catalans have been pushing for the striker’s signature in a complicated move involving the two clubs and Atletico Madrid, who loaned him to Juve last year.
But Allegri told reporters this lunchtime: “I told Alvaro that he is staying here, he is not leaving Juventus, end of story.”
Newcastle Dembele’s bid imminent
Lyon striker Moussa Dembele is one of the potential replacement for injured Calum Wilson as reported by Foot Mercato.
Dembele has caught the Eyes of Eddie Howe and could join this month ahead of his contract expiring in June.
However, the Magpies are yet to make contact with the Ligue 1 club over a deal.
Conte delivers Kane update
Antonio Conte has called on Tottenham to build the team around Harry Kane in a bid to keep the striker from pushing for another move away from the club.
“I knew the situation in the summer and, when Harry decided to stay in Tottenham, I found a player totally involved in this project,” he told reporters. “If we want to think to build something to win, Harry must be a starting point.
“I understand Harry’s situation. When you finish your career, you can see your appearances and the teams you made them for but, at the same time, it’s right to see what you have won. This is important, especially for the top, top players.
“I think that when Tottenham brought me here they wanted to send a signal outside, and maybe also to our players … We have to try to build a situation where we are all involved and to try to create a situation that we can be competitive to try to win.”
MAN CITY EYE POTENTIAL GUARDIOLA REPLACEMENTS
Manchester City are beginning to plan for the potential departure of Pep Guardiola, whose current contract at the Etihad expires in 2023.
The Athletic reveal two names that are on the Premier League leaders’ shortlist to replace the ex-Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss, with former Arsenal captains Mikel Arteta and Patrick Vieira both on City’s radar.
Arteta and Vieira have both been part of the City Football Group in the past, with the former working under Guardiola before taking to the Arsenal dugout and the current Crystal Palace manager spent his last year of footballing career at Man city where he won the 2012 Fa cup before taking the managerial role of New York City FC – who share owners with Manchester City- from 2016 to 2018.
Diaz to Liverpool?
Liverpool are closing in on a deal worth around £60 million for Porto forward Luis Diaz, according to the Sun.
The Reds have lost duo Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane to the Africa Cup of Nations in January, which has left them short of attacking options.
Jurgen Klopp views Diaz as “the perfect stand-in” for their absent attackers after seeing the 24-year-old shine in Liverpool’s Champions League group stage ties against Porto this season.
£50m Lamptey to Spurs?
Tariq Lamptey is emerging as a key target for Tottenham, report The Sun.
The former Chelsea academy product is reportedly valued by Brighton at £50million having been signed for just £3m two seasons ago
Lamptey has flourished since returning from injury down Brighton’s right flank.
Tottenham are set to lose fullback Matt Doherty, who Wolves are keen on taking back to Molineux this month – and former Chelsea manager Conte is looking at Lamptey as a potential replacement, though the Italian may have to wait until the summer
Stay glued to this page as we bring you all today’s latest transfer news, rumours and gossip.